The threat of terrorist explosive devices are now a normal part of everyday life in America unfortunately, but by planning ahead and creating an emergency urban survival plan for just such a possibility, you could save valuable seconds in reaction time that could mean the difference between life and death.
With the recent explosions during the running of the Boston Marathon, many are left to wonder what they would do if such a crisis were to strike in their home town, office building, or place of residence. The methods to create and implement these explosive devices are very easy to acquire, all as simple as clicking a mouse and searching on the internet. Terrorists can be from the other side of the globe, or as in the case with Boston, right in our own backyard!
Building and storing an emergency urban survival kit for you and for your family will help you to weather these types of crises more efficiently. Conventional explosive devices have been used to destroy everything from banks to bridges and anything in between. As in the case with Boston, the city was shut down for over 24 hours while the law enforcement agencies and FBI were hunting for the perpetrators. Many people were asked to stay indoors as SWAT teams went house to house in some neighborhoods. Check out this video if you don’t believe us:
[embedplusvideo height=”360″ width=”480″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/YWsbBhzxYw8?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=YWsbBhzxYw8&width=480&height=360&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep1736″ /]
Are you ready if this were to happen in your community? Do you have an emergency urban survival plan in place? Do you know what to do if you were to receive a suspicious looking package in the mail or on your doorstep? There are many things that you can do to educate and prepare for these types of events.
What to Do Before an Explosion Occurs
- The first thing to do is to make your emergency urban survival kit. You will want to store this in a safe and secure location but that is also easily locatable in a moment’s notice.
- You will want to include items such as fresh bottled water, non-perishable foods, flashlights with extra batteries, and a hand held portable radio. For a top notch urban survival kit check out: The Ultimate 72 Hour Emergency Bug Out Bag For When SHTF. You might also want to make several kits, one for home, one for work and one for your car.
- Include in these emergency kits a copy of your urban survival plan along with copies of all important documents, such as social security cards, wills, tax records, banking statements, titles, deeds and birth certificates of you and of your children.
- Keep within your emergency urban survival kit an extra supply of prescribed medications, especially if they are essential to life, such as diabetic and heart disease medicines.
- Include blankets and warm clothing as well. Storing these items in the trunk of your car is always a good idea for any type of potential emergency.
- As part of your designed emergency urban survival plan, include a place for all family members to meet in case such an emergency occurs. Determine how each of you will contact one another and the time frames for everyone to meet at the specific destination.
- Don’t forget to plan for your pets. Pack a little food for them and any medications that they might require. Planning for 3 days for all emergency urban survival kit items is a good start.