GUNS, GUNS, GUNS! Do we really have to tell you why guns are important for surviving a SHTF situation? Hopefully not. The only difficult question to answer is what kind of guns should you get? Well fortunately we’ve done the work for you and narrowed it down to 5 firearms that cover all the needs you would have in an urban survival situation.
- Remington 700: Perfect for taking out larger targets at a long a distance. Whether for hunting or fending of your urban survival retreat from the hoards of gangs and looters, we believe this rifle is perfect for what it was meant to do.
- Mossberg 500: Arguably the best weapon for home defense. The shotgun is a great choice for personal defense, and great if you have bad aim. The shotgun is an incredibly versatile weapon that can come in many configurations and shoot an even greater variety of ammo. If you have a family at home, be sure to teach them how to use this weapon for home defense.
- Ruger 10/22: This rifle is great for hunting smaller game and despite what others may say about the .22 not being lethal… IT IS more then adequate at seriously injuring and scaring off intruders. It’s easy to aim and makes the perfect first firearm for children to practice on.
- Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport: In the hands of a well trained professional, this firearm can be incredibly lethal. If you’re expecting complete chaos and anarchy in your area post SHTF, we suggest you get this weapon along with proper training and practice.
- Glock 19: Although it’s quite big, it still makes for a good EDC and is very reliable. Unlike the other firearms on this list, a pistol is an absolute must! Be sure to get practice and good training with your pistol as it will definitely be worth it post SHTF.